Banking and Finance
For most businesses, the availability of internal and external finance and how it is structured is key to their day-to-day operations and strategic direction.
Our Banking and Finance team are part of a network of 2,400 lawyers in over 80 countries, advising an extensive client base across the FTSE 200, middle-market companies, large private businesses and multinationals. We can support you in making and implementing important finance decisions such as:
Taking on new bank facilities or refinancing existing ones
- Negotiating with the bank's advisers and dealing with all security and hedging documentation.
- Documenting financial covenant re-sets and the waiver of covenant breaches (and conditions attached).
Restructuring/reorganisation related finance advice
- Review of bank facilities and security to identify issues and consent requirements when borrowers are contemplating a reorganisation, disposal or acquisition.
- Documentation of intra-group loans, corporate bonds, guarantees and security and any amendments, waivers or releases.
Consumer Finance and Consumer Credit Act advice
- Working closely with PwC LLP's experts in Consumer Credit we advise on the implications for businesses of the transfer of Consumer Credit regulation to the Financial Conduct Authority from April 2014.
- Providing training and assistance in designing and implementing compliant business practices.
- Undertaking compliance audits of business operations, including reviewing documentation, systems controls, record keeping and internal training materials.
- Drafting compliant regulated credit and hire/hire purchase documentation.
- Advising on how to structure internal arrangements (e.g. loans to employees) to ensure relevant exemptions apply.
- Advising banks on the design and implementation of cash pooling product offerings to customers, including assisting with the legal documentation.
- Advising corporates on the implementation and documentation of intra-group cash management systems.
So whether you need advice on a new or existing facility or the impact of changes to consumer lending rules please speak to John Naccarato.